- Student Life
- The News Room
- About SCCC
Schenectady County Community College
and HEOA Compliance
On this page, please find SCCC's compliance links and statements regarding the Higher Education Opportunities Act (HEOA).
Definition of a Semester Hour
Semester hour means a credit, point, or other unit granted for the satisfactory completion of a course which requires at least 15 hours (of 50 minutes each) of instruction and at least 30 hours of supplementary assignments except as otherwise provided pursuant to section 52.2(c)(4) of the New York State Education Department Commissioner's Regulations. This basic measure shall be adjusted proportionately to translate the value of other academic calendars and formats of study in relation to the credit granted for study during the two semesters that comprise an academic year.
Fully online courses at SCCC follow the same academic calendar and policies as courses utilizing a traditional format. Credits earned via online learning courses are fully transferable. Student learning outcomes are the same for face-to-face and online courses and are assessed in the same cycle.
- SCCC utilizes the authenticated user login procedure to verify student identification. All students are assigned a username and password for access to a number of web-based campus resources, including ANGEL. Instructions are found at this link: How to find your Username and Password for the SCCC Portal and ANGEL (PDF) Login into the learning management system, ANGEL requires use of a confidential user ID and password. Instructions are found at: How to login to ANGEL. (PDF)
- FERPA information is found on page 38 of Catalog and online here.
- SCCC does not have additional charges associated with student identity verification.
- At the time of registration for courses students are linked to the appropriate office(s) responsible for consistent application of student identity application proceedures. Instrucations on how to access online courses require registered students to login to the ANGEL system using their confidential user ID and password. The Registrar’s Office and the SCCC Help Desk assist students and the instructions are found in the links above.
Transfer of Credit
- Policies for accepting transfer credits are found on page 12 of the Catalog (Transfer Admission) and the Academic Code Section 5.1; 5.1.1; 5.1.2; and 5.1.3.
- Same as above.
- Upon acceptance to the College and the receipt of official transcript(s), the Registrar's Office reviews course credits according to the SCCC Academic Code. Students receive a worksheet audit signed by the Registrar's Office. The audit is scanned into the student's permanent record.
- Articulations agreements are found on page 14 of the Catalog and online here.
Read All About It!
Interested in possibly applying to SCCC? See our Viewbook. Want to know more about academics and being a student? Try our Catalog. These publications and more are on our Publications Page.