SCCC Vision, Mission, Goals
College Mission Statement
Schenectady County Community College provides quality, comprehensive education for transfer, careers, training and workforce development to a diverse population in a student-centered environment. We are committed to accessible and affordable education. Utilizing innovative practices and contemporary technology, SCCC fosters success through excellence in teaching and support services.
College Vision Statement
Schenectady County Community College is committed to being a premier community college that empowers individuals to reach their greatest potential through exceptional and innovative education and training.
Goal One: Strengthen Excellence in Teaching and Learning
Goal Two: Enrich the Student Experience
Goal Three: Enhance the Campus Physical Environment
Goal Four: Respond Positively and Responsibly to Fiscal Challenges
To read more about these goals, visit our Strategic Plan page.
Schenectady County Community College provides:
- College parallel programs that prepare students to transfer two years of college work to four-year colleges and universities;
- Career/technology programs that prepare students for immediate employment;
- Continuing education and community service programs for students striving for professional growth or personal enrichment;
- Public service activities provided in support of community development;
- Developmental education for students with special academic needs;
- Workforce development programs in response to local employer/employee needs;
- Student development activities, including cultural programs, guest lecturers, financial assistance, counseling services and intercollegiate athletics;
- An effective and efficient management and delivery system to ensure maximum accessibility to these comprehensive programs and services to all people throughout the Capital District at the lowest possible cost.
In addition, the College provides the quality instruction, resources and encouragement necessary for students:
- to identify realistic educational and career objectives;
- to cultivate attitudes, habits and interests that encourage lifelong learning;
- to develop awareness of and responsibility to the individual’s community;
- to acquire a comprehensive general education.
Read All About It!
Interested in possibly applying to SCCC? See our Viewbook. Want to know more about academics and being a student? Try our Catalog. These publications and more are on our Publications Page.