- Student Life
- The News Room
- About SCCC
SCCC is committed to providing students access to state-of-the-art technology in a friendly and efficient environment. SCCC offers:
- The portal - You've heard of "one-stop shopping." Well, the My SCCC Community Portal, lets students access grades, register for classes, visit the campus calendar to check out what's happening, access their e-mail, join discussion groups and more.
- Computers and printers - More than 700 computers with a variety of software are available through the College. Students can utilize networked laser printers throughout campus.
- Labs - The main computer lab, Elston Hall 529/530, is open six days a week with lab assistants on duty to help students with hardware and software problems. The lab is open Monday - Thursday, 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.; Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.; and Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Students can also utilize computers in Begley Library, division labs, the Math Lab, the Language Lab, the Learning Center and TRIO.
- Wi-Fi - Enjoy wireless access throughout campus.
- Help - Just ask! Call the help desk at (518) 381-1487, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Academic Computing offices, Elston Hall, 530.
- Electronic classrooms - Individual student stations allow students to utilize new e-learning environments in conjunction with in-class work.
- E-mail - Registered students are automatically assigned an e-mail account upon registration and remain valid during the period of enrollment.
- Staff - Our IT experts not only network and maintain all of the computer on campus, they also assist students on a daily basis, ensure that the technological aspects of the teaching/learning environment in classrooms run smoothly and help SCCC stay on the cutting edge. Meet them.
- FAQs - Have a question?
- Policies and Procedures - Read our computer policies and procedures for any questions you might have.
- Wireless Documentation Resources
Wireless User Agreement
Windows XP Setup Guide
Windows XP Setup Quick Start
- Mac Instructions (Note: Wireless access on an Apple computer is not guaranteed.)
|Academic Computing Lab Hours Elston Hall 529/530|
|Monday||8:30 am – 10:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:30 am – 10:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:30 am – 10:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:30 am – 10:00 pm|
|Friday||8:30 am – 4:00 pm|
|Saturday||9:00 am – 3:30 pm|
Read All About It!
Interested in possibly applying to SCCC? See our Viewbook. Want to know more about academics and being a student? Try our Catalog. These publications and more are on our Publications Page.