- Student Life
- The News Room
- About SCCC
Chemical Dependency Counseling
SCCC offers two Chemical Dependency Counseling programs, the Certificate and the Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.), that lead to New York State Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) Certified Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) Trainee status.
SCCC invites professionals from all disciplines who are concerned about alcohol and substance abuse to strengthen their existing knowledge, and acquire skills that they can apply in their work setting. Programs and core courses may be of interest to:
- substance abuse counselors;
- mental health professionals, educators, and substance abuse prevention specialists;
- employee assistant professionals, managers and administrators,
- social workers;
- probation officers and other law enforcement professionals; and
- nurses and health care professionals.
Core courses in both programs provide OASAS training hour equivalency and may be applied towards CASAC training.
Read All About It!
Interested in possibly applying to SCCC? See our Viewbook. Want to know more about academics and being a student? Try our Catalog. These publications and more are on our Publications Page.