- Student Life
- The News Room
- About SCCC
Discipline Specific Resources
The following links are just a few of the many links for syllabi and service learning ideas. Most provide links to more ideas and syllabi. The courses listed are designated as service learning or contain a service learning component.
Accounting 102 syllabus
- Ideas for Teacher Education and for History
- A toolkit on poverty and hunger may be used in Education or Sociology courses. (PDF)
- Read a children's book on line (provided by this site) and the site will donate a book to those who do not have access to books.
- Site authored by Cathryn Berger Kaye and contains curriculum material and links to articles and other resources on service learning.
- Kids Consortium
Non-profit organization that prepares and connects students, educators and community partners.
- College II Composition service learning syllabi
- Introduction to Creative Writing syllabi
- Business Writing service learning course
- English 101 Reading and Writing Self and Society syllabi
- Introduction to Literature, drama-based service learning course (PDF)
- English 101 course Composition and Rhetoric- Immigration research assignment
- Introduction to Literature course template
- US History since 1865 - service learning component
- HIS 145 Women, Race & Class is an interdisciplinary examination of the historical institutions, forces and movements that have shaped the status, identities and conditions of multicultural women.
- American History Syllabus 1877 to present
Physics and Engineering/Emergency Management
- Introduction to Psychology service learning syllabi (PDF)
- PSY 101 course syllabus
- PSY 100 Syllabus
- Child Development course syllabus
- Abnormal Psychology syllabus
- General Education Biology service learning project
- Biology in Engineering syllabi
- Information to improve the health of the planet.
- Engages and empowers youth to enact environmental change beginning with water projects.
- Environmental Service Learning Guide
- Poverty and Homelessness in America – service learning components
- Course that analyzes policies and services that promotes or inhibits civil society, enhance or deny human rights, and contribute to the attainment of social justice.
- Intercultural and Minority Relations course
- Gerontology course syllabi
- Housing and Homelessness syllabi – pairs sociological theory and service learning
- Applied Social policy syllabi
- Advanced Seminar on Special Topics in World Hunger: Human Right to Food and Freedom from Hunger
- Introduction to Sociology syllabi
- Social Work Methods III
- Principles and Methods in Human Services syllabi
- American Social Justice syllabi
Spotlight on SCCC
Watch Elaine Houston's story on WNYT TV-13 about our students shining through applied learning and their work with children at Hamilton Elementary School.
Read All About It!
Interested in possibly applying to SCCC? See our Viewbook. Want to know more about academics and being a student? Try our Catalog. These publications and more are on our Publications Page.