- Student Life
- The News Room
- About SCCC
Discipline Specific Resources
The following links are just a few of the many links for syllabi and service learning ideas. Most provide links to more ideas and syllabi. The courses listed are designated as service learning or contain a service learning component.
Accounting 102 syllabus
- Ideas for Teacher Education and for History
- A toolkit on poverty and hunger may be used in Education or Sociology courses. (PDF)
- Read a children's book on line (provided by this site) and the site will donate a book to those who do not have access to books.
- Site authored by Cathryn Berger Kaye and contains curriculum material and links to articles and other resources on service learning.
- Kids Consortium
Non-profit organization that prepares and connects students, educators and community partners.
- College II Composition service learning syllabi
- Introduction to Creative Writing syllabi
- Business Writing service learning course
- English 101 Reading and Writing Self and Society syllabi
- Introduction to Literature, drama-based service learning course (PDF)
- English 101 course Composition and Rhetoric- Immigration research assignment
- Introduction to Literature course template
- US History since 1865 - service learning component
- HIS 145 Women, Race & Class is an interdisciplinary examination of the historical institutions, forces and movements that have shaped the status, identities and conditions of multicultural women.
- American History Syllabus 1877 to present
Physics and Engineering/Emergency Management
- Introduction to Psychology service learning syllabi (PDF)
- PSY 101 course syllabus
- PSY 100 Syllabus
- Child Development course syllabus
- Abnormal Psychology syllabus
- General Education Biology service learning project
- Biology in Engineering syllabi
- Information to improve the health of the planet.
- Engages and empowers youth to enact environmental change beginning with water projects.
- Environmental Service Learning Guide
- Poverty and Homelessness in America – service learning components
- Course that analyzes policies and services that promotes or inhibits civil society, enhance or deny human rights, and contribute to the attainment of social justice.
- Intercultural and Minority Relations course
- Gerontology course syllabi
- Housing and Homelessness syllabi – pairs sociological theory and service learning
- Applied Social policy syllabi
- Advanced Seminar on Special Topics in World Hunger: Human Right to Food and Freedom from Hunger
- Introduction to Sociology syllabi
- Social Work Methods III
- Principles and Methods in Human Services syllabi
- American Social Justice syllabi
Read All About It!
Interested in possibly applying to SCCC? See our Viewbook. Want to know more about academics and being a student? Try our Catalog. These publications and more are on our Publications Page.