- Student Life
- The News Room
- About SCCC
Nanoscale Materials Technology
Associate in Applied Science A.A.S.
The mission of the Nanoscale Materials Technology Associate in Applied Science degree program is to prepare graduates for employment in the semiconductor and superconductor industries in manufacturing, research or development fields while providing a solid foundation in material and physical sciences, mathematics, and electronics. The program prepares graduates to:
Goal I: Prepare graduates for employment as technicians in emerging industries.
- Objective 1: Demonstrate the ability to operate and maintain equipment used in the design and manufacture of nanoscale materials
- Objective 2: Demonstrate the ability to be an effective member or leader of an interdisciplinary team
- Objective 1: Apply the theory of analog and digital electrical circuitry to the manufacture and use of nanoscale materials
- Objective 2: Identify the unique qualities and applications of nanoscale materials
- Objective 3: Apply statistical analysis to determine product quality and functionality.
- Objective 1: Organize and maintain laboratory journals and technical documentation
- Objective 2: Write laboratory reports that accurately represent experimental outcomes
- Objective 3: Prepare and deliver oral presentations of technical information and experimental results
Read All About It!
Interested in possibly applying to SCCC? See our Viewbook. Want to know more about academics and being a student? Try our Catalog. These publications and more are on our Publications Page.