- Student Life
- The News Room
- About SCCC
Tuition Payment/Student Accounts
Welcome to the Student Business Office
The Student Business Office processes payment for student tuition, fees, parking fines and transcript requests. Students who receive full financial aid will automatically be accepted into their classes and will be sent a paid receipt. The tuition bill may also include insurance fees (Student Benefits Summary), activity fees, technology fees and any lab fees.
In addition, full-time SCCC students may purchase health insurance. Please click here for more information.
When Is Payment for
the Spring Semester Due?Payment is due at the time of registration. A payment plan is also available. Please see below.
Certificate of Residence Requirement
Students registering for credit courses at SCCC are required to document their county of residence since counties partially fund student enrollment at community colleges in New York State. In order to qualify for resident tuition, you must have resided in New York State for the past twelve months, and you are required to provide county residence documentation for the last six months. The Student Business Office, Elston 219, is responsible for collecting the Certificate of Residence from students. For instructions and a copy of the Application for Certificate of Residence, Form B-80, go to the Certificate of Residence Web page.
Web Credit Card Payment Instructions (Payment Plan info below)
You may want to print these instructions for reference.
- Click here to access the User Login page.
- User ID = your SCCC ID number.
PIN = If you have NEVER logged in before, your initial PIN = your birth date (six characters, mmddyy). You will be prompted to change your PIN ("Your PIN has expired"), and you should pick a secure 6 to 15 digit/character PIN of your choice. You will then be asked to create a personal question/answer, in case you forget your PIN in the future. If you have previously accessed this site, use the PIN you previously created. If you cannot remember your PIN, click "Forgot PIN?"
- Click Login
- Click Tuition Payment
- Select a Semester from the pull-down menu
- Click Submit
- Review your Semester Detail
- Click the e-Cashier link to pay your balance
(if you do not have a Balance Due, you will not see an e-Cashier link).
To help you meet your educational expenses, Schenectady County Community College (SCCC) is proud to offer NELNET as a convenient budget plan. This is not a loan program. There are no interest or finance charges assessed and there is no credit check. The cost to budget your interest-free monthly payment plan is a $25 per semester nonrefundable NELNET Enrollment Fee. It is easy to enroll in the NELNET e-Cashier payment plan on-line. Once you set up your plan, payments are made automatically.
When is payment due?
If you registered for the Spring 2014 semester, your payment is due on January 6, 2014. To avoid loss of classes, you must either pay or enroll in the payment plan on or before January 6. Students who enroll January 6 or thereafter are expected to pay at the time of registration or register for the Payment Plan.
What are the options to pay online?
1. Payment in Full: You may pay in full on-line using e-Cashier. You must authorize the payment to be withdrawn from either a credit card or personal checking or savings account. There is a $1.00 charge for this service.
2. Payment Plan: You may set up a payment plan using e-Cashier. There is a non-refundable $25 per semester enrollment fee for this service. As with the payment in full option, there are two ways to set up your plan:
- A. Automatic Bank Payment (ACH) - ACH payments are those payments you have authorized NELNET to process directly with your financial institution. This is simply a bank-to-bank transfer of funds that you have pre-approved for your expenses at SCCC. Payments may be made from either your checking or savings account. Payments are processed on the 5th of each month and will continue until the balance is paid in full.
- B. Credit Card Option - Paying with your credit card gives you the option of taking advantage of any bonus programs that may be offered by your credit card company. If you elect to use this option, your monthly payment will be automatically charged to the credit card you designate. Visa, MasterCard, and Discover are accepted. Payments will be charged on the 5th of each month until the balance is paid in full. Payments are processed by American Card Services, Inc.
How much of a down-payment is required when I enroll?
The size of your down-payment is determined by the schedule detailed below. The down-payment is in addition to the $25 e-Cashier enrollment fee.
For Spring 2014
Payment plan available starting November 2, 2013.
Full pyaments are available through January 30, 2014 for late registrants.
|Last date to enroll online||Req. down payment||No. of Payments||Months of payments|
Note: All full and down payments are processed immediately!
How do I enroll?
Be sure to have the following information:
- Nine-digit student ID number.
- The name, address, and e-mail address of the person responsible for making the payments.
- To protect your privacy, you will need to create your own unique NELNET Access Code. Please be sure it is something you can easily remember.
- Account information for the person responsible for payment.
- If paying by automatic bank payments, you will need the bank name, telephone number, account number, and the bank routing number. Most of this information is located on your check.
- If paying by credit card, you will need the credit card number and expiration date.
Down or full payments are deducted from the account provided on the agreement immediately. If the payment fails for any reason, the agreement is terminated and notification is sent to the person responsible for payment. A $1.00 nonrefundable NELNET Enrollment Fee will be assessed for full payments.
NELNET specifies the date each payment will occur, but it is your financial institution that determines the time of day the payment is debited. NELNET recommends you check with your financial institution to determine how far in advance funds should be deposited into your account to ensure the automatic payment clears. If a payment date falls on a weekend or banking holiday, the payment will be attempted the following business day.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How will I be notified of my payment information?
Once your agreement is posted to the NELNET system, you will receive a confirmation notification of your payment amount by e-mail or letter. Payments will be processed until the total balance is paid in full. The notification has important information you must have to log on to My NELNET Account. The notification also serves as a reminder that a $25 per semester non-refundable NELNET Enrollment Fee will be processed from the account indicated on the agreement.
2. Can I pay by phone with NELNET?
In accordance with the Terms & Conditions of your NELNET agreement, payments are processed electronically. NELNET does not accept payments by phone.
3. What is the NELNET Access Code?
To help protect your privacy, NELNET asks the person responsible for the payments to create an access code. If you should call into NELNET inquiring about your NELNET agreement or inquire online through My NELNET Account, you will be required to verify your NELNET Access Code. If you do not create an access code on your NELNET agreement, one will be randomly assigned to you. Your NELNET Access Code will be identified on your NELNET Confirmation Notification. Please remember to keep a copy of your confirmation notification.
NELNET customer service representatives are available Monday through Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (CT), and Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
NELNET Business Solutions
P.O. Box 67067
Lincoln, NE 68506
Read All About It!
Interested in possibly applying to SCCC? See our Viewbook. Want to know more about academics and being a student? Try our Catalog. These publications and more are on our Publications Page.