LOOK UP YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD
1. Begin from one of the following locations:
- A computer in Begley Library at SCCC
- A computer in the Academic Computing Lab at SCCC, Elston Hall 530
- Via the web from an off-campus computer
2. Go to www.sunysccc.edu
- Scroll down to Records & Registration link
- Enter your 9-digit SCCC ID into the User ID field.
- If you know your PIN,* enter it and skip to step 8.
FIRST- TIME USERS ONLY, your PIN is your birthday (MMDDYY). Example: 102088
If you do not know your PIN,* Type your 9-digit ID into the User ID field, then click on the Forgot PIN button.
- Answer your security question. Click Submit Answer.
Type your new PIN; then re-enter new PIN again. Then hit the reset PIN button.
- On the next screen (Welcome Screen), click on the third link from the bottom - the User Login Info for Email, ANGEL and Network.
Please note that this information will be available within 48 business hours after your initial registration in Banner.
- Your user name and password will appear on the next screen. Print them or write them down Note that passwords are CASE-SENSITIVE.
Return to the Main Menu to Click on Exit (top right hand corner) to sign-off.
TO USE THE NEW SCCC PORTALGo directly to mysccc.sunysccc.edu OR through the SCCC website (sunysccc.edu) and click on MY SCCC Community Portal and sign on with your new username and password.
As soon as you are signed on to MySCCC, you can access your email on Microsoft Live@edu, your courses in ANGEL and the Banner system as well.
First time you log in to the MySCCC portal you will need to setup your answers to the security questions:
1. Enter answers to all security questions by using at least 4 characters for each (these answers are NOT case-sensitive)
2. Click on the “Save” button at the left bottom of the page
3. You do not have to change the password during the initial steps unless you want to (you can do this later as well); if you do please make sure you choose a secure password that you can remember
4. Click on “Take me to MySCCC” button at the right bottom of the page to finalize the process and go to the portal homepage
5. You can reset your password only after you have filled in the answers to the security questions and logged in the portal at least once
You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org confirming you have reset your password.
Please note that IT@SCCC will never ask you by email to reset your passwords so please ignore and delete such spam/fishing messages and do not click on any links they may contain.
Once you change the password on the portal, the new password can be used – within five minutes – to login to these IT related-services: email, ANGEL, desktop, and wireless network; do note that this password change in the portal will NOT reset the Banner Self-Service PIN nor will it reset the Banner security question.
To learn more about this tool’s functionality, you can check this tutorial: http://issuu.com/sunysccc/docs/mysccc_password_management__suite
When you are finished, exit and close all your browser windows to protect your privacy.
If you continue to have issue or questions regarding these changes, please contact the Information Technology Helpdesk via phone at (518) 381-1487-option 5 (external calls), X1111 (internal calls) or via email at email@example.com
*If you get locked-out after three unsuccessful log-in attempts please contact the Help Desk for assistance via phone at (518) 381-1487-option 5 (external calls), X1111 (internal calls) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Read All About It!
Interested in possibly applying to SCCC? See our Viewbook. Want to know more about academics and being a student? Try our Catalog. These publications and more are on our Publications Page.