- Student Life
- The News Room
- About SCCC
The following should answer some of the most frequently asked questions about SCCC baseball:
- We compete in Region III of the National Junior College Athletic Association. We are one of 20 schools that have baseball programs in Region III.
- We compete in the Mountain Valley Conference.
Member schools that play baseball are:
- Clinton Community College
- Fulton-Montgomery Community College
- Herkimer County Community College
- Hudson Valley Community College
- Adirondack Community College
- Columbia Greene Community College
- Mohawk Valley Community College
- We play both a fall and spring schedule. Our fall season consists of 15-20 games; in the spring we play 40-45 games, which includes a spring trip to Florida.
- Our indoor workouts take place at the All Stars Academy in Latham. We utilize gym space, indoor batting cages, indoor mounds, and pitching machines. We welcome your visit to our indoor workouts commencing in February.
- Our outdoor workouts take place at the “B” diamond in Central Park. You are more than welcome to attend any practice session.
- Home games are played at the “B” diamond in Central Park. This year’s schedule is available through the athletic office and on the SCCC Baseball web page.
- SCCC has an open admissions policy. However, student-athletes must maintain a 2.00 grade point average to be able to compete athletically on the intercollegiate level.
- The Admissions Office is the sole judge of whether or not a student is admitted to the college.
- Financial aid is available to the student-athlete. Aid is awarded through, and determined by, our Financial Aid Office.
- The tuition in effect for the 2013-2014 academic year is $3,384.
- We now have on-campus housing. You can find out more by visiting here.
- A visit to campus is recommended. With an appointment, our baseball staff will discuss with you any questions you may have about the baseball program and/or the College.
- Important phone numbers:
- Admissions Office - (518) 381-1366
- Financial Aid Office - (518) 381-1352
- Director of Athletics - (518) 381-1356
- Athletic Secretary - (518) 381-1335
Read All About It!
Interested in possibly applying to SCCC? See our Viewbook. Want to know more about academics and being a student? Try our Catalog. These publications and more are on our Publications Page.