Commencement is truly a celebration of the future. The hard work and effort you have demonstrated in order to secure your degree shows a commitment to excellence that will serve you well as you continue to achieve your goals. You can rightfully be proud of your success and accomplishment. We are very proud of you! Congratulations!
WHEN and WHERE
Schenectady County Community College's 46th Commencement Ceremony will be held on Thursday, May 19, 2016, at 2 p.m. at Proctors, located in downtown Schenectady.
Graduates should arrive at Proctors at 1 p.m. and will line up outside of the back entrance to Proctors (the entrance closest to the Parking Garage, NOT the State Street entrance). Guests should go directly to the theater to be seated. Grads, remember to BRING WITH YOU: your cap and gown and your name card.
Immediately following the ceremony, graduates and their families are invited to a reception in the Student Commons in Elston Hall on the SCCC campus.
Important Commencement Reminders
- Order your Cap, Hood and Gown before Tuesday, March 1, 2016 to avoid a late fee. Candidates wishing to participate in the 2016 Commencement Ceremony must stop by the College Store to complete the Cap, Hood and Gown order form and pay the participation fee of $50 (after March 1 there will be an added late fee of $15). No orders will be accepted after May 2, 2016.
Visit the College Store website for more information. Class rings, personalized announcements and diploma frames can be ordered by visiting the Herff Jones website.
- Pick up your cap and gown, Commencement invitations and tickets between Monday, May 2, 2016, and Wednesday, May 18, 2016, in the College Store. Along with your cap and gown, you will receive four Commencement invitations and four tickets. Additional tickets may be available. Check with the College Store on Monday, May 9 (first-come, first-served).
- Note: Special Accommodations Request: Any graduates or guests attending the ceremony seeking accommodations for accessibility (such as wheelchair seating, interpreter services, etc…) are requested to contact the Office of Student Affairs, Elston Hall 222, 381-1344.
Consider attending a Commencement Informational Session on:
- Thursday, May 5, Monday, May 9 or Tuesday, May 10, from 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., Activity Forum, Elston Hall
- Thursday, May 12 or Monday, May 16 from 5 - 6 p.m., Activity Forum, Elston Hall
Necessary name cards will be distributed at these sessions.
Cap Decorating Sessions
During the weeks leading up to Commencement, de-stress, relax and decorate your Commencement cap at the same time. We'll have all of the supplies there for you from scrapbooking paper and alphabet/number stickers to glitter and sequins.
- Tuesday, May 3, 11:00am-1pm, College Store balcony
- Wednesday, May 4, 9:00am-11:30am, College Store balcony
- Thursday, May 5, 12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m., Activity Forum
- Wednesday, May 11, 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., Activity Forum
- Thursday, May 12, 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Activity Forum
- Friday, May 13, 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., Activity Forum
- Monday, May 16, 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Activity Forum
- Tuesday, May 17, 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Activity Forum
- Application for Graduation
- Checklist for graduates
- Directions to Proctors
- Where to go on Commencement Day
- Graduate Entrance and Seating Diagram
- Diagram for Crossing the Stage at Commencement
Parking on the day of Commencement
Parking at the SCCC Campus is recommended (a four-block walk down State Street to Proctors). Parking is also available for free downtown in the Broadway parking garage; however, space is limited. For downtown Schenectady parking alerts and notifications, please register for this service at http://parkschenectady.com/parking-alert-sign-up/.
Tag your pics! #SUNYSchenectadyCCC2016
Tag your photos and comments before, during and after Commencement!
The College Store Connection
Follow the countdown to graduation on the College Store website - graduation participation information.
Picking up your diploma
Graduates can pick up their diploma the week of June 20 in the Registrar's Office, Elston Hall 212. They will need their student ID to pick up their diploma. If someone else is picking it up for them, a written approval is required. All remaining diplomas will be mailed to homes in mid-July.
Need more information?
For any other information regarding Commencement, please contact the Student Affairs Division, Elston Hall, Room 222, (518) 381-1344, or the SCCC College Store, 377-1606.
Now that you're an alum of SCCC...SCCC wants to stay connected with all of our Alumni! SCCC wants to hear about all of your future successful endeavors. Please keep us informed of significant life and career events! You can connect with the Development Office via the SCCC website and on Facebook. Let us know what's going on!
Consider SUNY Delhi@SCCC after graduation
SCCC has partnered with SUNY Delhi to offer bachelor's degrees in Criminal Justice, Hospitality, and Business and Technology Management right here on the SCCC campus. SUNY Delhi@SCCC also offers the option of evening classes once a week. Two of the three programs hold approximately 60 percent of the classes online, while Criminal Justice offers a 100 percent online course option (in addition to on campus).
To learn more, visit the SUNY Delhi Office in Elston Hall 319 during office hours: Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Fridays 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., call 381-1317 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.