- Student Life
- The News Room
- About SCCC
Commencement is truly a celebration of the future. The hard work and effort you have demonstrated in order to secure your degree shows a commitment to excellence that will serve you well as you continue to achieve your goals. You can rightfully be proud of your success and accomplishment. We are very proud of you! Congratulations!
WHEN and WHERE
Schenectady County Community College's 45th Commencement Ceremony will be held on Thursday, May 21, 2015, at 2 p.m. at Proctors, located in downtown Schenectady.
Graduates should arrive at Proctors at 1 p.m. and will line up outside of the back entrance to Proctors (the entrance closest to the Parking Garage, NOT the State Street entrance). Guests should go directly to the theater to be seated. Grads, remember to BRING WITH YOU: your cap and gown and your name card.
Graduates and their families are invited to a reception at 11:00 a.m. in the Student Commons in Elston Hall on the SCCC campus, prior to the Commencement ceremony (and following Honors Convocation).
Important Commencement Reminders
- Order your cap and gown from the College Store before March 20 to avoid a late fee. No orders will be accepted after Friday, April 17, 2015.
- Pick up your cap and gown, Commencement invitations and tickets between Friday, May 1, 2015, and Thursday, May 21, 2015, in the College Store. Along with your cap and gown, you will receive four Commencement invitations and four tickets. Additional tickets may be available. Check with the College Store on Friday, May 15 (first-come, first-served).
Consider attending a Commencement Informational Session offered:
- Tuesday, May 5 through Thursday, May 7, from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Activity Forum, ground floor of Elston Hall, across from the Student Commons
- Monday, May 11, from 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., Activity Forum, ground floor of Elston Hall, across from the Student Commons
- Thursday, May 14 and Tuesday, May 19 from 5 - 6 p.m., Library Conference Room, Begley Library
Name cards will be distributed at these sessions.
Parking on the day of Commencement
Parking is available for free in the Broadway parking garage. For parking alerts and notifications, please visit http://parkschenectady.com/parking-alert-sign-up/.
Tag your pics! #SUNYSCCC2015
Tag your photos and comments before, during and after Commencement!
Meet this year's keynote speaker, Antonio Civitella, Chairman and CEO of Transfinder.
- Application for Graduation
- Directions to Proctors
- Graduate Entrance and Seating Diagram
- Diagram for Crossing the Stage at Commencement
The College Store Connection
The College Store has graduation gifts and graduation items. Click here to begin your shopping experience.
Picking up your diploma
Graduates can pick up their diploma the week of June 15 in the Registrar's Office, Elston Hall 212. They will need their student ID to pick up their diploma. If someone else is picking it up for them, a written approval is required. All remaining diplomas will be mailed to homes in mid-July.
Need more information?
For any other information regarding Commencement, please contact the Student Affairs Division, Elston Hall, Room 222, (518) 381-1344, or the SCCC College Store, 377-1606.
Consider SUNY Delhi@SCCC after graduation
SCCC has partnered with SUNY Delhi to offer bachelor's degrees in Criminal Justice, Hospitality, and Business and Technology Management right here on the SCCC campus. SUNY Delhi@SCCC also offers the option of evening classes once a week. Two of the three programs hold approximately 60 percent of the classes online, while Criminal Justice offers a 100 percent online course option (in addition to on campus).
To learn more, visit the SUNY Delhi Office in Elston Hall 319 during office hours: Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Fridays 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., call 381-1317 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.