- Student Life
- The News Room
- About SCCC
Commencement is truly a celebration of the future. The hard work and effort you have demonstrated in order to secure your degree shows a commitment to excellence that will serve you well as you continue to achieve your goals. You can rightfully be proud of your success and accomplishment. We are very proud of you! Congratulations!
Schenectady County Community College's 44th Commencement Ceremony will be held on Thursday, May 22, 2014, at 3 p.m. at Proctors, located in downtown Schenectady.
Graduates should arrive at 2 p.m. and will line up outside of the back entrance to Proctors (the entrance closest to the Parking Garage, NOT the State Street entrance). Guests should go directly to the theater to be seated.
Grads, remember to BRING WITH YOU: your cap and gown and your name card.
A light fare, post-Commencement reception will follow the ceremony and will take place at Key Hall (located next to the theater). At the post-Commencement reception, graduates and their families can share this special moment with the faculty and staff members who have assisted them along their journey. There is no formal program during the reception, therefore it is not mandatory, but we encourage you to attend.
View the program with this year's list of graduates!
Meet some members of the Class of 2014.
NEW THIS YEAR! Remember this hashtag – #SUNYSCCC2014. It will be our official hashtag for Commencement! Bring your smart phone to the big event!
Meet this year's keynote speaker, H. Carl McCall, Chairman of the State University of New York Board of Trustees.
Important Commencement Reminders
- Order your cap and gown from the College Store. No orders will be accepted after Friday, April 11.
- Pick up your cap and gown, Commencement invitations and tickets between Tuesday, April 22, and Wednesday, May 21, in the College Store. Along with your cap and gown, you will receive four Commencement invitations and four tickets. Additional tickets will be available on Monday, May 5, in the College Store (first-come, first-served).
- Consider attending a Commencement Informational Session.
They will be offered:
- Monday, May 5 through Friday, May 9, from 1 – 2 p.m., Activity Forum, ground floor of Elston Hall, across from the Student Commons
- Monday, May 19, from 11 a.m. - 12 p.m., Activity Forum, ground floor of Elston Hall, across from the Student Commons
- Wednesday, May 14 and Thursday, May 15 from 5 - 6 p.m., Library Conference Room, Begley Library
Name cards will be distributed at these sessions.
- Check out these important links
- Application for Graduation
- Directions to Proctors
- Diagram for Staging of Graduates
- Graduate Entrance and Seating Diagram
- Diagram for Crossing the Stage at Commencement
- Updates for graduates regarding parking in downtown Schenectady for Commencement
Parking is available in any of the surface parking lots and in the parking garage located off of Broadway. There is a fee.
- Commencement Information from the College Store
The College Store has graduation gifts and graduation items. Click here to begin your shopping experience.
Need more information?
For any other information regarding Commencement, please contact the Student Affairs Division, Elston Hall, Room 222, (518) 381-1344, or the SCCC College Store, 377-1606.
Read All About It!
Interested in possibly applying to SCCC? See our Viewbook. Want to know more about academics and being a student? Try our Catalog. These publications and more are on our Publications Page.