- Student Life
- The News Room
- About SCCC
Elston Hall, Room 222, 381-1279
Welcome to the Multicultural Affairs webpage! The Office of Multicultural Affairs supports the belief that the strength of any organization lies in its diversity and that diversity exists in many forms. We feel it is of great importance to create and maintain a welcoming, supportive environment for staff, faculty and students and to promote acceptance and appreciation for difference. We believe in providing equal educational access and opportunity to persons of every race and ethnic heritage, gender, religion, ability and sexual orientation. The Office of Multicultural Affairs works together with student organizations and other offices to provide programs and activities that are both relevant to and reflective of our diverse campus community.
The office promotes the academic and personal growth and development of multicultural students, fostering ethnic and cultural diversity and advancing endeavors that enhance the campus environments and educational experience for all.
We also provide counseling and advising services for ALANA (African, Latin, Asian and Native American) students and are involved in the recruitment of minority students. The Office of Multicultural Affairs is committed to making Schenectady County Community College a campus community that promotes a culture of inclusion in which all feel valued, respected and supported to perform to their full potential.
Services provided by Multicultural Affairs:
- Educational and cultural programming
- Multicultural clubs and student organizations
- Referral and assistance services
- Support services
- Community liaison
- Crisis intervention
- Student outreach and retention
- Admissions/recruitment programs
How can I be involved?
- Attend programs on campus sponsored by Multicultural Affairs and other multicultural student groups. Most program offerings are free or proceeds collected help support our clubs and organizations. Also, many programs are scheduled with student and staff convenience in mind and are held during college hour. Double your efforts and bring another student or colleague to these events with you!
- Join a club or organization and be in on the action! Your ideas and assistance is valuable and new members are always needed. Look for notices on the message system, flyers, email blasts and other announcements to find out about club meeting times. For more information, contact Multicultural Affairs at 518/381-1279.
Read All About It!
Interested in possibly applying to SCCC? See our Viewbook. Want to know more about academics and being a student? Try our Catalog. These publications and more are on our Publications Page.