Welcome to Schenectady County Community College!
New Student Programs facilitates the transition of new students by encouraging the exploration of opportunities, supporting connections to campus resources, promoting a sense of pride in the College and partnering with parents and families.
Orientation: New Student Orientation is designed to help students as they transition to the social, cultural and academic aspects of the college. We partner with family members during this exciting time in their student's life to assist them in understanding the experience their students are embarking upon. Entering a new community of scholars can be stressful and we're excited to connect students with resources that will aid in their success at SCCC.
To help you reach your goals and achieve success in the SCCC community, your Academic Advisor, student college ambassador, and many other College representatives are excited to welcome and guide you during your Orientation program.
During Orientation, you will:
- Meet with your Academic Advisor, finalize your course selections and receive academic information that will assist you at the start of classes.
- Attend informational meetings to learn about academic and co-curricular life, personal and property safety, and how to be successful academically at SCCC.
- Become familiar with classrooms and facilities.
- Receive your SCCC student ID.
- Meet new classmates, faculty and staff.
- Have the opportunity to connect with a student College Ambassador and learn what it means to be a member of the SCCC Royal’s Family!
Remember to Connect, Explore, and be a GREAT SCCC Royal!