- Wellness and Support Services
Check-In is a free service which provides a variety of resources and support (such as crisis intervention, consultation and referrals) to students who find themselves in difficult circumstances or who seek support from an on-campus professional.
Robyn King is the first point of contact for students who may be feeling stressed and would benefit from talking with someone to clarify issues. Referrals to community providers for personal counseling and other services not available on campus could be made when appropriate.
In a Check-In appointment, a student can:
- meet with a caring, supportive and non-judgmental professional who is eager to help
- learn strategies to better cope with difficult situations
- receive enthusiastic support when good news is shared
- collaborate on making a decision
- discuss relationship issues
- learn how to balance one's life
Students can schedule a 30-minute Check-In appointment in Elston 222 or by calling (518) 381-1365.
Robyn King, M.S.Ed., LMHC
Admissions, Academic Advisement and Counseling, ADA Transition Services, Athletics, Campus Life & Safety, Career & Employment Services, Educational Opportunity Program & Multicultural Affairs, Financial Aid, Liberty Partnerships Programs, Student Activities, Student Government Association, SUNY Career and Counseling Center, Schenectady Smart Scholars Early College High School, and YOU!
* Services available through other departments on-campus.
Clubs and Organizations, * Learning Center, * Math Lab, Non-Traditional Students, Returning Adult Students, Off-Campus Housing, Student Activities, Student Code of Conduct, Student Notification, * Tutor Services, * TRIO Program
"Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality.
If you can dream it, you can make it so."
*Weekly check sheet
*Smoking cessation programs
*Stress in the college setting