Business Administration A.S.
The Business Administration A.S. program prepares students for transfer in business administration at a baccalaureate degree-granting institution. Students complete a solid core of general education courses to facilitate transfer.
Students interested in the Business Administration A.S. can also apply for the Walt Disney Program.
The program prepares graduates to:
Goal I: Demonstrate analytical and creative problem solving through liberal arts courses from the SUNY General Education Course list.
- Write a variety of texts using Formal Standard English
- Formulate, analyze and evaluate arguments
- Apply information literacy skills to locate, select, evaluate and use information in an ethical manner from a variety of sources
- Identify the methods natural scientists and social scientists use to explore natural and social phenomena
- Use mathematical reasoning
Goal II: Demonstrate a commitment to business ethics.
- Identify the framework and concepts of legal and ethical business practice
- Examine ethical issues as they pertain to the business environment
Goal III: Demonstrate an understanding of fundamental business practices.
- Analyze the theories and structures of economic markets and the framework of the national economy
- Identify the essential elements of planning and analyze their impact on producing outcomes
- Analyze business transactions and identify basic accounting principles
- Identify and utilize appropriate technologies and software
- Define the fundamentals of entrepreneurship in terms of mission, structure, profitability and sustainability
- Identify various cultural perspectives as they apply to business applications
- Examine the effects of the global market on the contemporary world