CHS How to Register
Spring 2021 Registration is now closed.
How to Register for a SUNY Schenectady College in the High School Course
Students may register for all CHS classes at once. No need to submit multiple registration forms. Once registration is completed, students will be billed for the cost of their CHS course at a rate of $64 per credit. This is 1/3 the cost of SUNY Schenectady County Community College tuition. Bills will be sent to the student’s address that is on file with instructions on how to pay.
Tuition assistance is available for students. Please read the registration letter carefully for additional information. Registration Letter to Parents/Guardians
First Time College in the High School Students
An online registration form must be completed and submitted to SUNY Schenectady no later than March 8, 2021. No late applications will be accepted.
Returning College in the High School Students
Students who have previously registered for College in the High School courses or have a SUNY Schenectady ID number will register directly through our Records and Registration Portal. Registration deadline is March 8, 2021.
- Students will be charged a rate of $64 a credit, once registration is complete.
- Invoices will be mailed home with payment instructions. Payment is due March 15, 2021.
- Tuition Assistance:
- Free/Reduced Lunch Waiver: SUNY Schenectady’s Board of Trustees has approved to waive tuition for all students who qualify for Free/Reduced lunch. If you already submitted a waiver for Fall 2020, no new form is required. Complete the attached form and return to your instructor for approval signature. Free/Reduced Lunch Waiver Form
- Scholarship Request: Additional Scholarship funds are available for students who do not qualify for Free/Reduced lunch but demonstrate financial hardships. If you already submitted a scholarship request form for Fall 2020, no new form is required. Please complete the attached form and mail directly to address shown. Scholarship Request Form
All forms are due no later than March 3, 2021. You must be registered for a course prior to submitting your form. No late applications will be accepted.
Obtain a Certificate of Residence if you are not a Schenectady County resident.
- All non-Schenectady County residents need to submit a Certificate of Residence. by March 3, 2021.
- If you submitted a Certificate of Residence in the Fall of 2020, a new form is not required.
- Please remind your students to follow instructions in the parent letters for obtaining a Certificate of Residence, unless your school has a system arranged with your County Treasurer or local County Clerk office.