Winter Session at SUNY Schenectady
Earn three credits in three weeks online this winter at SUNY Schenectady. At $196 a credit (NY state residents), SUNY Schenectady is an affordable choice. Stay on track to graduate or get ahead this winter. Visiting students home on vacation welcome! Take a course over the holidays and transfer the credits back to your current college.
Please note: At maximum a student may take one course (3 credits) during the 3-week Winter Session.
Winter Session runs December 27, 2022 - January 13, 2023.
- Select the course you would like.
- On the first screen under "Search by Term," select "Spring 2023" and hit the "Submit" button
- On the second screen in the "Part of Term" selection box, scroll to select "Winter Term (Late December)"
- Hit the "Class Search" button at the bottom of the page to view all the Winter Session courses
- Download and complete the Registration Form.
- E-mail the Registrar your completed Registration Form.
- Consult with your Academic Advisor.
- Select and register for your course using College Scheduler.
Additional important Winter Session dates:
- General registration begins Tuesday, October 11, 2022.
- The College is closed December 24 through January 2.
- Ordering course material through the College Store:
- All online orders for Winter Session must be placed through The College Store by noon on Thursday, December 22.
- All course materials must be purchased in person before 2 p.m. on Friday, December 23.
- The College store will close at 2 p.m. on Friday, December 23 and not reopen until 8 a.m. on Tuesday, January 3.
- Financial Aid bookstore credit for Winter Session only will be available December 13 through December 23.
Visiting students looking to transfer credits to their own school:
General registration begins Tuesday, October 11, 2022.
Please stop by the Registrar's Office in Elston Hall, 212 to get started. If you can't make it to campus, call 518-381-1348 or e-mail email@example.com and the Registrar's Office will work with you to get registered.
Important info for visiting students:
- Certificate of Residence
- Transcript Information - if you are a visiting student from another college and would like to transfer your SUNY Schenectady credit, you will need to request an official transcript be sent at the completion of the winter session. Always check with your home institution for transferability of the course(s) you are taking.
- Tuition and Fees
Current SUNY Schenectady students:
General registration is going on now.
- Enrolled in a degree or certificate program
- You will need to meet with your advisor to get your PIN number.
- Not enrolled in a program
- If you have taken a class at SUNY Schenectady at any time in the past year, you may register online; you do not need a PIN.