Double Chocolate Cream Puff
Cream puff shells; as needed
405 g eggs
166 g sugar
535 g bittersweet chocolate
890 g heavy cream
- Combine eggs and sugar in a Kitchenaid mixer bowl and whisk over a hot water bath until they reach 150 degrees F, stirring constantly.
- Place the bowl on the mixer and whip on high speed until the eggs are cool, very fluffy and thick.
- Melt the chocolate and allow it to cool to 95 degrees F.
- Transfer the egg foam to a larger, wider mixing bowl and fold in the melted chocolate.
- Whip the cream to the medium peak stage. Fold it into the chocolate mixture ½ at a time.
Slice the top third off of the baked shell with a sharp serrated knife. Scoop out any doughy strands inside the shell. Fill the baked shell with a rosette of mousse using a large star tip. Dust the top with powdered sugar and lean it against the filled shell.