radicchio - 4 heads cleaned
field greens - 1 pound
tabbouleh - 1 recipe approximately 4 cups (see below)
feta cheese - 2 pounds, crumbled
Kalamata olives - 4 cups pitted, chopped finely
tomatoes - 4 - peeled, seeded, chopped
anchovy fillets - 16
capers - 5 tablespoons
Greek dressing - 1 quart (see below)
- Place radicchio cups on a chilled plate at 12 o'clock.
- Gently toss the field greens with just enough Greek dressing to coat.
- Place field greens on plate so that they appear to be flowing out of radicchio cup.
- Garnish the field greens with the tabbouleh, feta cheese, Kalamata olives, tomato concasse, anchovies and capers.
- Serve with more Greek dressing on the side if desired.
Bulgar wheat, fine - 1 pound
Plum tomatoes - 3 pounds seeded, chopped
scallions - 6 each finely chopped
mint, fresh - 0.5 cup coarsely chopped
parsley, flat-leaf, fresh - 0.5 cup coarsely chopped
kosher salt - 1 teaspoons
black pepper - 0.5 teaspoons
olive oil - 4 oz.
lemon juice - 2 oz. freshly squeezed
- Cut tomatoes in half, and squeeze out seeds and juice, making sure to reserve the juice. Chop tomato coarsely and reserve.
- Put the Bulgar in a bowl and cover with reserved tomato juice, 1/2 of the lemon juice, and enough cold water to cover Bulgar by 1 inch. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30-45 minutes, or until Bulgar is tender and has absorbed the liquid.
- Make sure that the Bulgar is drained well. Mix together the rest of the ingredients with the Bulgar. Adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours before service.
- Use as a salad garnish with olives and fresh vegetables or as part of an appetizer plate containing other Middle Eastern appetizers.
Kalamata olives - 0.25 cup pitted, chopped
olive oil - 2 cup
red wine vinegar - 0.25 cup
malt vinegar - 0.25 cup
oregano - 1 tablespoon
feta cheese - 0.25 cup crumbled
cumin - to taste, ground
garlic - 4 cloves mashed with 1/2 tsp. salt
scallions - 0.25 bunch, finely chopped
Combine all ingredients and mix well. Store in tight container in refrigerator.