Six Steps to Enrollment
Complete the Admissions Process
- Fill out an application online or in person and submit it to the Admissions Office.
- On the application form, select the major that matches your career goals. You may change your program at any time before the semester begins.
- Provide us with official high school or GED/TASC transcripts.
- If you want to transfer college credits to SUNY Schenectady, provide us with official college transcripts from previous institutions.
Complete the Financial Aid Process
- Apply early to ensure you receive the maximum aid possible.
- Complete and submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) online through fafsa.ed.gov.
- Remember to add SUNY Schenectady County Community College code: 006785.
- Questions about the financial aid process? Assistance is available at the Financial Aid Office, located in Elston Hall, Room 222. Or contact the Financial Aid Office at 518-381-1468 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register for Classes
- After you have been accepted for admission, you will be notified on the steps you need to take regarding registering for classes.
- You may be required to take a placement test before registering. If you need to take the placement test, you will be notified and provided with instructions on how to schedule your test.
- Questions? Call the Office of Admissions at 518-381-1366.
Turn in Your Immunization Records
It is New York state law that requires all students born after January 1, 1957 provide proof of immunization for measles, mumps, and rubella by the first day of classes.
You must submit either
- A form signed by your doctor
- A copy of your immunization records
Pay Your Bill
If your tuition and fees are completely covered by financial aid, you are required to confirm attendance and accept your classes. To do so, go to sunysccc.edu, click “Records and Registration,” log in, and click on “Confirm Attendance and Accept Classes.”
If you owe a balance you can pay in full with cash, check or credit card at the Student Business Office, Elston Hall, Room 219, or you may pay by credit card over the phone at 518-381-1346. You can also set up an online payment plan.
Whichever option you choose, complete before the deadline or you risk being dropped from your classes.
Questions about paying your bill? Contact the Student Business Office at 518-381-1346.
Submit a Certificate of Residence
Submitting your Certificate of Residence ensures your tuition will be the in-state rate.
- The Certificate of Residence is required once per year.
- Schenectady County residents can complete the form at the Student Business Office, Elston Hall, Room 219.
- Residents of other counties can get the certificate of residence application on our website or at their County Treasurers Office.
- Your will need to provide two forms of documentation
- The first proves you have lived in New York for one year.
- The second shows where in New York you have lived for the past six months.