Scholarships Through the Foundation
The SUNY Schenectady Foundation Scholarship Program
As part of our commitment to student access and success, the SUNY Schenectady Foundation offers scholarships to students currently or soon to be enrolled at SUNY Schenectady. Scholarships are available to prospective and current students, awarded based on an online application and essay.
The scholarship program for students is a key priority of the SUNY Schenectady Foundation. During the 2021-2022 school year, the Foundation offered 224 scholarships, totaling $300,000. Awards range from $250 to $5,000 and each goes directly toward fees and books on student accounts. Foundation scholarships are especially helpful because they are available ONLY to SUNY Schenectady students.
If you have any questions about the SUNY Schenectady Foundation Scholarship Program, please contact:
- Student Inquiries - Leanna Liuzzi at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-381-1200 x1181
- Donor Inquiries - Marianne Senneca at email@example.com or 518-381-1484
The scholarship application for the 2023-2024 academic year is now open.
The scholarship application is available online at AwardSpring.
- Some scholarships require a completed FAFSA application. In order to be considered for these scholarships, students must complete FAFSA. Students who cannot complete FAFSA are still eligible to apply for scholarships. More information about the FAFSA can be found by visiting the website of our Office of Financial Aid.
- All scholarship applicants must be registered for the Fall 2023 semester to receive scholarship funds on their student accounts.
- All scholarship recipients must submit a copy of their Fall 2023 class schedule, a picture of themselves, and a thank you note in order to receive scholarship funds on their student accounts.
- Current Students: May 21, 2023
- New Students: July 15, 2023
Share Your Story!
Most scholarship recipients are selected by a review committee made up of SUNY Schenectady faculty, staff, and Foundation board members. Please answer the following questions to help the review committee get to know you and make their decisions. Keep in mind, the length and quality of your answers will be considered. Thoroughly answering each question will give you the best chance of earning a scholarship.
- Why did you choose to enroll at SUNY Schenectady?
- Describe your goals as a student at SUNY Schenectady.
- How will a scholarship help you reach your goals?
- In 2-3 paragraphs, please share additional information that will help the review committee get to know you (accomplishments, volunteer work, obstacles, challenges, etc.).
“Thank you for your generosity, which has allowed me to continue to pursue my education in the field of Human Services. Your scholarship will allow me to continue to help make a difference in the lives of others, especially in my community.”