Employee Return to Campus Plan
Back on Campus - Summer 2021
At this time, and after reviewing guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), SUNY, and the New York State and Schenectady County Departments of Health, the College will be moving forward with our Return to Campus Plan. All employees will return to on-site work status effective Monday, June 14, 2021. The information below outlines the manner in which we will move forward.
Individuals who have been vaccinated, and have elected to disclose this to the College, will prior to entry:
- Complete a daily temperature check; and
- Show Campus Safety staff a clear image of their completed vaccination card or NYS Excelsior Pass (Sign up for the free NYS Excelsior Pass here); or
- Advise Security that they self-reported their vaccination completion status to the College and the Campus Safety staff member will check the secured list to verify their vaccination status.
Individuals who have not been vaccinated, or elect not to disclose this to the College, will prior to entry:
- Complete the electronic campus Health and Safety Screening; and,
- Submit to a daily temperature check.
- Submit to weekly COVID pool-testing.
Proof of Vaccination
Individuals who wish to disclose their vaccination status, should:
- Email a copy of their completed vaccination card or their NYS Excelsior Pass to email@example.com; or
- Make a clear photocopy of either document and deliver to the Office of Human Resources.
NOTE: All copies received will be kept in a secure file separate from the Personnel Record.
Vaccinated employees will have the option to determine if they will wear a mask on campus and when taking part in any in-person meetings.
- Unvaccinated employees, or those who choose not to self-disclose, must be masked at any time they are with at least one other individual, regardless of that person’s vaccination status, while inside campus buildings.
- Unvaccinated employees working alone in their office may be unmasked, however, if another employee enters their workspace, they must immediately put on their mask.
COVID-19 Testing for Employees
Update May 2021 – In May 2021, Chancellor Malatras issued a new directive to all SUNY campuses that fully-vaccinated staff would no longer be subject to the mandatory COVID testing, if the employee provides proof of being vaccinated. The emailing of a copy of the COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card, or the NYS Excelsior Pass to firstname.lastname@example.org will serve as this proof. Individuals who choose not to disclose their status are still subject to weekly testing.
The College shall conduct weekly testing of employees who are unvaccinated or choose not to disclose their status. Testing will be conducted in concert with regular surveillance testing, no less frequently than testing that occurs for the student population, utilizing self-administered saliva tests. Procedures will ensure that: (a) the testing is conducted in a manner which protects the privacy of the employee being tested to the extent possible, and (b) the identity of any individual employees who test positive remains confidential to the extent possible. The testing will be conducted during regular work hours at no cost to the employee. Test samples will not be retained by the College; test samples may be retained by the laboratory conducting the test only so long as necessary to comply with state or federal public health requirements.
You will notice many changes on campus when you return. It is possible that your work station and office have been reconfigured in adherence with social distancing protocols. Plexiglas shields and other barriers have been installed in critical locations to provide further protection.
A large number of custom graphics have been installed around campus to aid in social distancing, to clearly mark entry and exit points, to limit foot traffic to a single direction in certain corridors, and to give various other directives based on these new protocols.
Work stations will be furnished with additional cleaning supplies. At the end of each work day, you will be required to complete a short Work Station Cleaning Report, documenting the surfaces in and around your work station that you cleaned prior to your departure. All offices and campus facilities will undergo a regular cleaning with special attention given to high touch areas (doorknobs, railings, elevator buttons, etc.)
Compliance with our campus safety requirements is mandatory. If an employee refuses to comply with these requirements, they will be denied entry to the buildings and directed to leave the premises. Should they refuse, law enforcement will be contacted for assistance. Employees who are sent home due to their refusal to these safety measures will not be paid unless they elect to use a vacation or personal day; sick time may not be used for this purpose.
General Requirements for All Employees
- If an Employee suspects they have COVID-19 symptoms, they are NOT to come to the College.
- Call their Supervisor to inform them of their situation
- Contact the Human Resources Office to report their situation
- Seek recommended medical care and assistance
- On a daily basis, the College will collect information on the arrival and departure
of each employee:
- Name or identifying information
- Date/time of arrival
- Destination or work location
- Completion of a mandatory health screening assessment
- Date/time of departure
- Social distancing – Keep six feet away from others at all times. Obey floor markings and postings reminding of social distancing. Desks and chairs must remain six feet apart. If it is not possible to remain six feet apart, alert your supervisor and Human Resources as soon as possible.
- Follow signage on area capacity limits such as elevators, restrooms and other locations.
- Avoid any in-person meetings. Talk on the phone or set up a Teams or WebEx call.
- Work alone when possible and safe to do so.
- All employees, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to wear masks in
all locations on campus until such time as they have provided proof of vaccination.
- Vaccinated employees will have the option to determine if they will wear a mask on-campus, either indoors or outdoors and when taking part in any in-person meetings. NOTE: No one is “vaccinated” until two calendar weeks after the final vaccination doses was administered.
- When on campus, unvaccinated employees and those who choose not to self-disclose, must be masked at any time during which they are with at least one other individual, regardless of that person’s vaccination status, and regardless of whether they are indoors or outdoors.
- All employees, regardless of vaccination status, must be masked when interacting with members of the public, including prospective students, when on campus. Each public facing office will be provided with a supply of paper masks as a secondary measure to the masks available to individuals upon entry to campus buildings.
- Employees working alone within their office, regardless of vaccination status, will not be required to wear a mask. As a default and out of an abundance of caution all employees must wear masks in the event another employee enters the personal workspace of another employee. Employees should refrain in asking if someone is vaccinated and may choose not to wear a mask if there is informed consent.
- The College will support all employees who wish to continue to mask regardless of their vaccination status. Harassment or any other form of intolerance of an employee’s decision about masking is unacceptable and will result in disciplinary action.
- All employees are required to wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in a public place or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover all coughs and sneezes.
- Use a cleaning spray or disinfecting wipes on a daily basis to clean personal workspace, shared desks, telephones, keyboards and all high touch areas. Document cleaning on the Personal Terminal Cleaning Form (to be collected by maintenance)
- Disinfect all shared vehicles and tools before and after use.
- Communication – speak with your supervisor or Human Resources about any concerns or suggestions you may have to reduce the spread of COVID-19.