How to Access Online Tutoring
Hello and welcome to SUNY Schenectady! As a registered student, you have access to free online tutoring. You can set up an appointment with a tutor within minutes by following the step by step directions below. If you need assistance at any time, please contact Tutor Services: TutorServices@sunysccc.edu or Michelle Ragucci: RaguccML@sunysccc.edu.
Brainfuse Guides and Resources
- Watch a Brainfuse Student Overview
**NOTE "Writing Lab” (paper drop off) and “Ask a Question” will not be available (but feel free to visit our in-person tutors for support!)
- Watch a Brainfuse Whiteboard Tutorial (courtesy of the NY Public Library)
- How to book an online session with a SUNY Schenectady Tutor
- How to book an online session with a Brainfuse Tutor
- Flashbulb Quick Tutorial (Pre-made Brainfuse flashcards)
- Skillsurfer Quick Tutorial (Lessons & Practice Tests)
Set up a Tutoring Session in Just a Few Easy Steps
See a PDF of how to set up a tutoring session in Brainfuse as a PDF with screenshots.
Please note: You are allowed up to 3 hours of 1:1 online tutoring per week, Monday – Sunday when using Brainfuse tutors and unlimited tutoring when using SUNY Schenectady Tutors via “Tutor Match.”
Visit www.sunysccc.edu and log-in to the “MySCCC” portal with your college username and password.
Once you’ve logged in, navigate to the D2L-Brightspace button on the left side bar menu.
Once you reach your Brightspace dashboard, click on any of your courses to gain access to the “help” menu.
Click on the “Help” menu on the top bar and select “Brainfuse Online Tutoring.”
Select “Launch Brainfuse”
Step 6: Choose between two options…
- “Live Help” are Brainfuse Tutors, often available immediately, 24/7 (students can use this feature up to 3 hours a week total, resetting at midnight each Monday).
- “Tutor Match” are SUNY Schenectady Tutors available by appointment for areas such as Writing & Literature, Math & Science, Music, and American Sign Language (students can use SUNY Schenectady tutors on an unlimited weekly basis).