Add/drop occurs when students who have completed registration make changes to their schedule. Students may add available courses through the first week of fall and spring semesters. Students may drop classes without a grade appearing on their transcript during a specific period of time for each term (fall, spring, and summer). For all semesters/sessions, please refer to the appropriate schedule of classes for exact drop/add dates. Add/Drop forms are to be submitted to the Registrar’s Office.
- The withdrawal period begins with the third week of classes and extends through the end of the eleventh week of classes (specific dates identified in the Academic Calendar). A student may withdraw from a course(s) during this period and a grade of “W” will be assigned.
- The student is responsible for completing and submitting the Withdrawal Form to the Registrar’s Office within the stated period.
- The student may either hand sign their signature on the Withdraw Form or submit the completed form through their secure SUNY Schenectady email account after typing their name on the signature line.
- The student is encouraged to discuss this action with his or her instructor and academic advisor.
- The student is responsible for determining how this withdrawal may affect his or her financial aid and academic status.
- For courses offered in a summer session or in any special time frame, an equivalent withdrawal period will be determined by the Registrar.
- A student who does not withdraw from a course will receive the academic grade earned at the completion of that term.
- A student who intends to withdraw from all courses and is unable to complete the process
in person may submit a withdrawal request in writing to the Registrar’s Office within
the withdrawal period