For upcoming student ensemble concerts, please see our Concert Dates page.
Chamber Ensemble (Fridays, 1:00-3:00 p.m.). Please contact, Dr. Hosmer at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
The Chorus performs the acknowledged masterworks of choral literature as well as new music and popular selections. The Chorus regularly performs music from throughout the world, including Asia, South America, Eastern Europe, and Africa in original languages. Membership is open to all students.
Chorus (Mondays and Wednesdays, 3:30-5:00 p.m.). This ensemble is open to everyone who want to sing. Please contact, Dr. Wu at email@example.com with questions.
Classical Guitar Ensemble
The Classical Guitar Ensemble performs historic literature for varying chamber ensemble configurations utilizing classical guitar. Membership is by audition.
The Guitar Ensemble performs music for electric guitars in various size groups. Emphasis is on jazz styles, improvisation, and music reading. Membership is by audition.
The Jazz Combo is a small group that performs bebop, cool, funk and other jazz styles. Emphasis is on solo improvisation and small group interaction. Membership is by audition. Please contact, Mr. Patneaude at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
The Jazz Ensemble (Wednesdays, 4:30-6:15 p.m.) performs classic and contemporary scores for big band. The ensemble has performed on concert tours in Canada and Europe and at numerous jazz festivals. Membership is by audition. Please contact, Mr. Canterbury at email@example.com with questions.
- All instruments: Play a prepared solo of your choice. Jazz is preferred but classical is acceptable. You will be asked to sight read.
- Saxophone: Doubling is not a requirement, but if you double on flute/clarinet please be prepared to demonstrate your level of ability.
- Brass: You will be asked to demonstrate your range.
- Bass: Demonstrate a walking bassline over a blues progression
- Piano/Guitar: Demonstrate your ability to interpret chord changes from a big band chart.
- Drums: Demonstrate your ability to play time and fills in a swing style as well as any other styles you are proficient in - Bossa nova, samba, rock, etc.
Orchestra music students perform in an orchestra off-campus for credit. Membership is by permission of the director.
The Percussion Ensemble performs a wide variety of scores for mixed percussion, with an emphasis on keyboard and pitched percussion instruments. Membership is by audition.
Any student that has not been placed in the degree program as a percussionist and is interested in this ensemble should reach out to the instructor (firstname.lastname@example.org) to set up an audition for acceptance in the ensemble.
Audition consists of the following:
- The audition will be a short etude or study on mallet percussion and/or snare drum. Students are welcome to play previously prepared studies, or the instructor can supply materials.
- Sight reading on Mallet Percussion and/or Snare Drum.
Vocal Chamber Ensemble
The Vocal Chamber Ensemble is a small choral ensemble. It performs music ranging from the renaissance to contemporary works, jazz, and other styles. Membership is by audition.
Vocal Chamber Ensemble (Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1:30-3:00 p.m.): Members should have basic music reading skill and be able to sing in tune. Please contact, Dr. Wu at email@example.com with questions.
The Wind Ensemble performs classic literature for concert band as well as contemporary music for brass, woodwinds, and percussion. The ensemble consists primarily of music students, but is open to all with permission of the Director.
Wind Ensemble (Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4:30-6:30 p.m.). Please contact, Dr. Keyser at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Any additional questions can be directed to email@example.com.