Operate your business 100% tax-free for 10 years!
START-UP NY provides major incentives for businesses to relocate, start up, or significantly expand in New York State through affiliations with public and private universities, colleges, and community colleges. Eligible businesses have the opportunity to operate state, and local tax-free and new employees may pay no state or local personal income taxes for up to ten years when they locate in designated areas and align with a school's core academic mission.
Come to Schenectady!
We have designated 53,437 square feet of space in downtown Schenectady. Addresses with designated space include:
- 201 State Street, Schenectady, NY 12305
- 251 State Street, Schenectady, NY 12305
- 433 State Street, Schenectady, NY 12305
- 13 State Street, Schenectady, NY 12305
- 200 Harborside Drive, Schenectady, NY 12305
Partner with SUNY Schenectady!
Our START-UP NY plan is focused on attracting eligible companies in the broad fields of:
- nanoscale materials
- alternative energy
- supply chain/distribution or warehousing
- aviation science/air traffic control
- computer science/information systems
- computer networking and cybersecurity
- fire protection technology/science
- casino and gaming technology/surveillance, and
- management, marketing, and sales.
In all areas, particularly management, marketing and sales, prohibited business types as defined in the START-UP NY regulations will be excluded from participation in the program.
You qualify for START-UP NY if your business
- is a new company in New York State;
- is a company from out of state that is relocating to New York State;
- already has employees in New York State and is expanding in the state;
- will create new jobs in the first year;
- will bring positive economic benefits to the community, and
- is aligned with the academic mission of SUNY Schenectady County Community College.
View our full campus plan for additional details.
"We are very grateful for being a part of Start-Up NY. SCCC has provided students with great skills and the right attitude!"